Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Daisy Tote Collection, or you can order them separately.
Christmas Snowflake Tote Bag
By LeNae Gerig
Designer Tip: Iron the creases from the bag before using the template or it will not lie flat on the bag. You might want to wear rubber gloves when spraying Smooch. It will stain fingers. I used tacky glue to glue the rhinestone stickers to make them more permanent on the fabric. You don’t need to use fabric glue unless you plan on washing the fabric and it is not recommended to wash this bag, just spot clean.
- Place paper inside the bag to protect the back from seeping paint. Cover your work surface with newspaper. Cover the handles with new newspaper to prevent them from being sprayed.
- Place the template at the center on one side of the bag. Spray the outer edges of the template with Grape and then mist both blues shades at the middle and center. Mist the top and bottom of the bag with a combination of the colors.
- Remove the template, wipe clean and place to the side of the center image, extending off the edge of the bag. Spray with Electric blue and Grape. Remove, clean and repeat on the opposite side of the bag.
- Flowers: Mist the large white flower with Grape, covering it completely, the medium ivory with Vanilla and the small with Sea Kiss blue. Let dry and layer. Glue to the center of the snowflake/daisy image.
- Use tacky glue to glue 3 crystal stickers to the flower center and to embellish the stenciled images. Glue a 36” length of metallic blue ribbon centered on the bag front, covering the stitches at the top of the bag, and gluing the ends to meet at the back.