Get all the major supplies needed to make these projects with the Winter Delights Set, or you can order them separately.
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: I used the 5 ½” star design on the template to create a frame, then cut the star center from the card front for a shaped window. I created a 3 ½” striped star, matted it on cardstock, then interlocked it with the star frame. The punched corners remind me of snow, and just the right touch to frame this card.
- With the fold at the left, cover the card front with light blue/lime snowflakes paper. Use the 5 ½” and 3 5/8” sized star shapes on the template to create a frame from the red dots paper, backed with cardstock. Glue (left side only) angled to the center of the card front. Open the card out flat onto your cutting surface, face up. Use your ruler and knife to carefully cut the star shape from the center of the frame from the card front only.
- Use the template to create a 3 ½” teal/red/lime striped star. Mat on aqua and white, then slide it beneath the right side of the red frame and overlapping the left side of the star as shown. Glue corners of matted star and red frame in place.
- Add green Ice Rox to corners of red frame. Write or computer print “Joy” on aqua cardstock, then use the template to trace a 2” star with the word at the center. Mat on red dots paper and glue centered to the striped star. Zot ribbon in place.
- Punch corners with white paper and back with teal/red/lime striped paper, trimming evenly around the edges. Glue so 1” shows at corners of card front.
- Inside the card: Cover the inside with light blue/lime snowflakes paper. Create a second 5 ½” frame from striped paper, then back it with lime/red/blue patterned paper. Glue angled to the inside. Write or computer print “Peace” on aqua cardstock, trim into a 2” star, then mat on red dots paper. Glue angled on the center of the lime/red/blue star center, checking to make sure it does not show through the window on the front when the card is closed. Create a tiny red dots star using the center star shape on the template. Glue as shown.