Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Friends Pages, or you can order them separately.
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: I love the pretty detail and textured look of these vintage papers, and I have to say that this is my new favorite set! They are so versatile, they can work for lots of different scrapbooking page themes, or beautiful cards. Here I used the template, lace multi shaper punch, and Dazzles™ to create interesting edges and textures. The black stickers work very well in contrasting with the red and aqua papers. I used small pieces of the red rose ribbon to add soft texture and a beautiful vintage look. I used the 1/8” round punch for red circles to back the center of the flower stickers, then backed the entire flower sticker with aqua patterned paper.
- Page 1: Turn the roses/swirls/words background paper so the roses are at the top left corner. Mat the 5 ¾” x 4” photo on white, leaving a thin border. Ink the edges and mat on red patterned paper, leaving a 1 ¾” border across the bottom, ¾” at sides, and 1//2” at the top. Use the 11 ½” template frame to create a scalloped edge across the bottom of the mat. Ink the edges.
- Cut a 10” x 4” aqua patterned paper rectangle and punch a lace border on one long edge, using the raised pink design guide on the punch labeled “border”. Trim to an 8 1/8” x 2 ½” rectangle and mat on black, leaving matting edges straight. Layer the matted photo overlapping the punched aqua rectangle as shown and glue to the page, leaving the top right edge of the matted photo loose.
- To create two punched aqua frames, you will use both the border guide and the square guide on the Lace Multi Shaper punch: Using aqua patterned paper, make your first punch in the paper, then move the paper to the left and align punched paper with the raised pink design guide labeled “border”. Replace the punch and press lever to punch again. Now, align the last punched design with the raised orange design guide labeled “square”. Replace punch and press lever. Now align the last punched design with the raised pink design guide labeled “border”. Replace the punch and press lever to punch again. Next, align the last punched design with the raised orange design guide labeled “square”. Replace punch and press lever. Now align the last punched design with the raised pink design guide labeled “border”, and punch again. Align the last punched design with the raised orange design guide labeled “square” and punch. Align the last punched design with the raised pink design guide labeled “border” to complete the square. Repeat for the second frame to use on page 2.
- Cut one of the frames in half and mat one piece on black (set the second piece aside for another project), trimming around the edges along the punched shape. Tuck the matted piece beneath the upper right corner of the red photo mat on the page, then glue in place.
- Write or computer print journaling and “friends” on white cardstock, trim to rectangles, and ink the edges. Mat the block on red patterned paper leaving a 1/16” border. Ink the edges and glue to the page as shown, leaving the left edge of the block loose.
- Back Dazzles™ with aqua patterned paper as shown, trimming evenly around the edges. Attach Dazzles™ to the page as shown, tucking the Eiffel Tower Dazzle™ beneath the left edge of the journaling block. Glue journaling in place. Add remaining swirl, tiny flowers, and tiny butterfly stickers as shown. Zot rose ribbon over upper right corner of photo mat.
- Page 2: Turn background paper so the rose border is at the bottom right corner. Mat the 3 small photos on white, then red patterned paper. Ink the edges and arrange overlapping across the center of the page as shown. Add scalloped border Dazzles™along right edge of one photo, trimming edges evenly. Glue photos in place.
- Mat 4” x 6” photo on white, ink the edges, then mat on red patterned paper, leaving a 1/8” border at top, bottom and right side, with a 1 1/8” border at the left side. Use the 6 ½” frame design on the template to create a scalloped border along the left edge of the mat. Ink the edges, then glue to the upper left portion of the page.
- Mat the remaining (whole) square aqua punched frame from page 1 on black, trimming the edges along the punched shape. Write or computer print journaling on white cardstock to fit inside the 4” scalloped frame shape on the template. Use the template to trace the shape around the journaling, then cut it out. Ink the edges and glue centered inside the punched square. Glue the punched square to the bottom of the page, overlapping the 3 small photos as shown.
- Back Dazzles™ on aqua patterned paper as shown, then add to the page. Add “memory” and swirls as shown. Place a corner of red patterned paper over the Lace punch diagonally to create a punched corner. Replace punch and press lever. Mat the corner on black, then glue to the upper right corner of the page, ¼” from the top and right edges. Add corner Dazzles™ as shown. Zot rose ribbon over lower right corner of punched square.