|Layouts With Pizazz
By Susan Cobb
- Place the striped paper with the stripes running vertically. Mat a 9 1/2"x7 3/4" piece of burgundy textured paper on yellow gingham paper, trimming the mat to 1/4". Glue centered, 1" from the top of the striped paper, then add a red mini brad to each top corner of the gingham mat.
- Mat a 4 1/2"x6" photo on green textured paper and trim the mat to 1/8". Glue the photo on the left side of the burgundy paper. Glue the wooden spoon and rubber spatula punch-outs criss-crossing on the right side of the page. Glue a recipe card in the bottom left corner of the page.
- Computer journal a photo caption on a blue tag punch-out and glue it to the left of the kitchen utensils. Tie 12" of white grosgrain ribbon into a bow and attach the bow over the tag's tab with Zots™.
- Computer journal onto white cardstock, mat on green textured paper and trim the mat to 1/8". Glue the journaling in the bottom right corner of the page and add two teacup brads along the right side.
- Glue the yellow tag punch-out next to the top right side of the photo and add a green brad to the tab. Use foam tape to attach the “baking” and “cookies” punch-outs at an angle across the tag. Sand the surface of the cookie jar Brad Buddy™ and attach it below the tag. Glue the “Love to Bake”, kitchen utensil jar and “Making Warm Memories with You!” punch-outs to the right of the tag and Brad Buddy™. Add a white mini brad to the left end of the “Love to Bake” punch-out and a teacup brad to the right end of the “Making Warm Memories...” punch-out.
- Computer journal on the blank label punch-out and attach it centered below the punch-outs and Brad Buddy™ with a yellow mini brad in each end.
A Tip From Susan:
When working with older memorabilia like recipe cards or one-of-a-kind photos, I make a photocopy for my scrapbook layouts, keeping the original in a safe, secure place. This makes it much less stressful to crop, distress and embellish my priceless treasures, knowing that if I mess up or change my mind I can simply print a second copy and give it another go.
Questions? Email us!
This Page To A Friend
If you no longer wish to receive the Layouts With Pizazz newsletter,
please let us know by clicking
Click here to view past Layouts With Pizazz.
here for a printable copy (requires Adobe
© 2007 Hot Off the Press
1250 NW Third Avenue, Canby, OR 97013