By Shauna Berglund-Immel
to view large image
- Use the blue stars with border paper as the background with the border running down the right edge. Mat a vertical 5”x7” photo on white cardstock, trimming the mat to 1/16”. Mat again on black cardstock, trimming the mat to 3/16”.
- Punch out the green balloons tile. Add one yellow brad to the yellow Mickey Mouse balloon and one yellow mini brad to each of the ears. Staple the tile in the top right corner of the photo. Cut a 2 1/2” length of black/white gingham ribbon and trim the tails at an angle. Punch out the green ticket, fold the ribbon length in half and staple both pieces in the bottom left corner of the photo. Glue the matted photo 1/4” from the border and 1/4” from the top edge of the page. Accent the photo with the “cool” and “This is the best vacation in the whole world!” caption Punch-Outs™, securing each in place with foam tape.
- Computer journal your family’s favorite rides onto white cardstock, leaving extra space between each piece of journaling and about 2” of extra space in the middle to add Punch-Outs™. Crop the journaling to a 3 1/4”x7” rectangle, leaving about 1” of blank space above the journaling. Mat the journaling on black cardstock, trimming the mat to 1/16”.
- Cut out the “Favorite Rides” fragment and use yellow mini brads to attach it across the blank space at the top of the journaling. Punch out the ride word fragments and use yellow, orange, lime and bright blue mini brads to attach them at varying angles in the spaces you left in the journaling. Punch out the blue ticket and use foam tape to attach it at an angle in the larger space you left in the center of the journaling. Cut a 2 1/2” length of black/white gingham ribbon, trim the tails at an angle and tie a knot in the center of the ribbon length. Use a Glue Dot™ to secure the knot on the left end of one of the word fragments at the top of the journaling block. Use a black pen to journal the date down the left edge of the journaling block, then glue the journaling 1/4” from the left edge and 1/2” from the top edge of the page.
- Glue the “Excitement!” Punch-Out™ at an angle across the bottom of the blue stars portion of the background, then dot the letter “i” with a cobalt mini brad and accent the exclamation point with a bright blue mini brad. Cut a 6” length of black/white gingham ribbon and trim the tails at an angle. Tie the ribbon into a shoestring bow, then use a Glue Dot™ to secure the bow just above the yellow and blue “e” in the word “excitement”.
- Glue the “Disneyland Resort” title at an angle between the “Excitement!” Punch-Out™ and the photos and journaling. Accent the yellow Mickey Mouse balloon with yellow brads and mini brads as you did in step 2. Punch out the “Dreams really do come true!” caption and use foam tape to secure it to the left of the “Disneyland Resort” Punch-Out™.
A tip from Shauna: Having a hard time coming up with journaling for your scrapbook pages? Try journaling in lists! Whether it’s Christmas or birthday wish lists, grocery or school supply lists, everyday to-do lists or lists of favorites, this style makes journaling quick and easy!
Questions? Email us!
This Page To A Friend
If you no longer wish to receive the Layouts With Pizazz newsletter,
please let us know by clicking
Click here to view past Layouts With Pizazz.
here for a printable copy (requires Adobe
© 2006 Hot Off the Press
1250 NW Third Avenue, Canby, OR 97013