- Use the blue dotted with border paper as the background, turning the paper so the border is on the right. Cut a 7 1/2"x11" piece of white cardstock. Lay a length of dotted magic mesh over one edge of the cardstock and apply lavender glimmer chalk over the mesh, making sure to get it in all the holes. Lift the mesh and repeat around all edges of the white cardstock piece. Glue the white cardstock centered over the blue dotted portion of the background paper.
- Mat two horizontal photos on purple cardstock and trim the mats to 1/16". Mat again on lime textured paper, trimming the mats to 1/8". Glue one photo 1/2" from the top edge and the other photo 1/2" from the bottom edge of the dotted white cardstock. Add one yellow brad to each end of the “happy” and “birthday” ribbon fragments. Use foam tape to attach the “happy” fragment across the top of the top photo and the “birthday” fragment across the bottom of the bottom photo.
- Use alphabet stamps and a black ink pad to stamp the name and date along the sides of the dotted white cardstock.
- Use foam tape to attach the “birthday wishes” title centered between the two photos. Apply lavender glimmer chalk to the tips of the petals on one small yellow flower and to the center of one large yellow flower. Use a purple brad to attach the small flower above the top left corner of the “birthday wishes” title. Punch a 3/4" circle of lime dotted paper and glue it to the top of purple big brad. Use the purple big brad to attach the large chalked flower under the bottom right corner of the “birthday wishes” title.
- Add a yellow mini brad to the top of the “the perfect gift” label, then use foam tape to attach the label at an angle under the large yellow flower. Knot a 4" length of lime grosgrain ribbon and attach the knot above the label with a Glue Dot™. Cut out number tiles to represent the year and use glue stick and foam tape to attach the numbers at varying angles above the small yellow flower.
A tip from Shauna:
See the cool dotted mat under my photos? It’s not patterned paper! I paired strips of Dotted Magic Mesh (a self-adhesive, 2 1/2" wide roll of paper dotted with holes) with shimmery glimmer chalk for this unique look. Just start with a solid paper or cardstock, lay a strip of Dotted Magic Mesh over the top and rub chalk over the mesh. The chalk will get in the holes of the dotted mesh, leaving a perfect dotted pattern when you lift the mesh–and just look at how my customized mat coordinates with the dotted background paper! This technique is great for creating personalized photo and journaling mats, or adding a colorful pattern to slide mounts.
Questions? Email us!
This Page To A Friend
If you no longer wish to receive the Layouts With Pizazz newsletter,
please let us know by clicking
Click here to view past Layouts With Pizazz.
here for a printable copy (requires Adobe
© 2006 Hot Off the Press
1250 NW Third Avenue, Canby, OR 97013