- Tear the bottom edge of the sandstone paper, beginning 1 3/4”
from the bottom edge on the left side and ending 3/4” from the
bottom edge on the right side. Save the torn off strip.
- Tear a 12” x 8 1/2” piece of sky blue vellum along the
top edge. Glue the vellum on the sandstone paper extending 1 3/4”
below the torn sandstone bottom.
- Take a 12” x 6 3/4” piece of pastel blue vellum and tear
along the top edge in a wide scallop pattern. Glue to the sky blue vellum
with the bottom edges even. Journal on a 4 1/2” x 4” torn-edge
white vellum rectangle and glue it near the upper right hand corner
of the page.
- Mat the photo on gold, leaving a 1/16” border and glue it angled
near the upper left corner of the page.
- Tear the top edge of a 12” x 5 1/4” white vellum rectangle
and glue it to the page, overlapping the photo.
- Tear along the top edge of a 12” x 3” rectangle of seashells
and glue to the bottom edge of the page. Glue the torn sandstone strip
to the bottom edge. Attach the embossed word charm to the white vellum
strip with foam tape.
- Cut out seashells from the remaining seashell paper and place them
randomly on the page, gluing some and attaching others with foam tape
for dimension. Use the black pen to journal on the white vellum border.
A Tip From Shauna :
By selecting the right papers you can recreate the moment, making your
layout come to life. I created a seashell border across the bottom of
this layout by cutting out seashells and attaching them to torn layered
vellum and patterned paper. I placed shells in front of and behind the
vellum for a dimensional look.
Project reprinted from Shauna’s
Secrets of Scrapbooking. See your local retailer for project supplies.
Questions? Email us!
If you no longer wish to recieve the Layouts With Pizazz
newsletter, please let us know by clicking
to view past Layouts With Pizazz.
here for a printable copy (requires Adobe
© 2004 Hot Off the Press
1250 NW Third Avenue, Canby, OR 97013