Greetings & Kind Thoughts
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: This pretty wall hanging makes a great gift! Perfect for a friend who has been under the weather, or for as last minute birthday gift.
- Carefully cut out the large image on the front of the package and the small square art shown. Use a chipboard heart to trace and cut out a heart shape from the background text, then ink the edges brown and copper. Ink the edges of two scalloped chipboard squares, one chipboard heart, and one large horizontal chipboard shape with brown ink, then copper. Let dry.
- Glue the square art to one of the chipboard squares, then ink the edges. Stamp across the chipboard heart and remaining scalloped chipboard square with brown ink. Use a cotton swab to lightly tap chalk colors on the images as shown. Cut a ¼" wide strip of background text and ink the edges.
- Glue the large image cut-out even with the large chipboard shape. Ink the edges brown, then copper and re-punch holes. Stamp butterflies near the flowers and bird on the large cut-out with brown ink. Add chalks to the stamped images as shown. Glue paper and chipboard pieces to the large shape as shown.
- Glue pink rick-rack in place, then Zot the blue/brown ribbon and flowers on the right side. Stamp words on ivory cardstock with brown ink, trim to a tag shape and ink the edges brown, then copper. Make a small loop from brown memory thread, twist the ends, and glue to the back of the tag.
- Thread the tag onto brown ribbon and thread through the holes at the top of the large shape. Tie at the top with more ribbon. Thread memory thread through each hole and secure at the back. Curl with paintbrush or X-acto® knife handle as shown.