Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Both 12x12 Templates, or you can order them separately.
Mia Christine Template Page
By Ann Bernklau
Designer Tip: Use a make-up sponge with an inkpad to ink your paper through the templates. This gives a sharp image on the page.
- Take out a piece of White Gold cardstock from the Metallics Cardstock. Place the houndstooth template over the cardstock. Use small pieces of stencil tape to tape the edges of the template to the cardstock. Take a make up sponge and the Bundled Sage Distress ink and dab the sponge onto the inkpad. Dab the inked sponge onto the template, making sure the ink is being applied to your cardstock. Cover the whole page. Remove the template and let it dry for a few minutes.
- Place the Fancy Frames template on the corner of the page. Line up the corner of the rectangular frame with the corner of the page. Use another make up sponge and Lilac Posies ink to ink the corner and a small section of the border from the rectangular frame. Move the template down the edge of the page and match up the border section with the existing inked section. Repeat the border section along the page, ending with another corner section. Do this for all 4 edges.
- Cut a 3 3/4”x5 3/4” photo and ink the edges black. Use a fancy corner embellishment on the Fancy Frames template to embellish the corner of the photo. Use Lilac Posies ink along with the make up sponge and let dry thoroughly. Cut a 4”x6” piece of white cardstock and use the sponge to ink the sides with Lilac Posies, inking at least 1/4” along the border. Mat the photo onto the inked mat and ink the edges of the mat black. Glue to the page 1” from the top and 2 1/4” from the left. Cut a 3”x4 1/2” photo and embellish across the bottom with a small pink border. Ink the edges of the photo and create a pink mat the same way you did the first. Ink the edges of the mat black and glue to the page 1” from the left and 2 1/4” from the bottom.
- Take another sheet of White Gold and cut a 5 5/8”x4” rectangle. Ink the entire piece with Bundled Sage using the make up sponge. Take the Fancy Frames template and apply ink through the rectangular frame onto the White Gold rectangle using a make up sponge with Lilac Posies, avoiding the top point and just inking the rectangle border. Print some journaling onto the framed piece and ink the edges black. Use the inking/matting technique from step 3 to mat the journaling and glue it to the page 1 1/4” from the right and bottom. Repeat this technique for the smaller title block, using a 3”x2” rectangle of White Gold. Glue to the page 1 1/4” from the top and right.
- Attach a large white flower to the page with Zots™, 4 1/4” from the top and 3” from the right. Cut 2 smaller paper flowers in half and glue each half along the edges of the page elements: to the left of the top photo, to the right of the bottom photo, at the bottom of the title, and at the top of the large journaling block.
- Place a large Jewel Dazzle™ on the center of each flower, cutting them in half if necessary. Add small Jewel Dazzles™ surrounding each flower center.