Happy Birthday Color Me Card
By Ann Bernklau
Designer Tips: . Don't be afraid to use multiple colors of inks. . Blending works best with cosmetic sponges. . DO NOT run Color Me paper through a laser printer; the heat will melt the embossed image and make a mess. Inkjet printers are fine.
- Trim 1" off of the front flap of the card. Cover the front flap with Color Me Medallions. Use cosmetic sponges to apply Prussian Blue, Wisteria and Warm Green ink to the paper. Dab the cosmetic sponge on the inkpad and then rub on the paper in different areas. Use a separate sponge for each color of ink.
- Glue a 6 ½" length of sheer wide ribbon across the center of the front flap. Glue 6 ½" of grosgrain ribbon on top of the sheer ribbon.
- Cut out a lacy tag leaving a 1/16" border. Ink with Warm Green, going heavily around the edges and lighter in the center. Write "happy birthday" in the center. Cut out and ink a smaller tag with Prussian Blue and write "to you" in the center. Glue the large tag to the card flap, going off the flap at the bottom, ½" from the top and 1 ¼" from the left. Glue the small tag overlapping the first and tilted to the left, 1 ¼" from the right and 1 ½" from the top.
- Inside the card: Cut 6 ½" of the lacy border and ink it with Wisteria. Glue it to the bottom of the inside panel so that it shows when the card is closed. Cut the remainder of the border in half and cut a notch in each piece like the end of a ribbon. Ink the pieces with Warm Green and Prussian Blue inks.
- Cut out a 4"x2 ½" label and ink it with all three colors. Write or print a greeting on it. Glue the border pieces at the top right and bottom left corners of the inner panel as shown. Glue the label in the center, overlapping the ends of the border pieces.