Scrapbooking Day Page
By Ann Bernklau
Designer Tips: Inking the edges of the white wildflowers gives them the perfect hint of color. Buttons make great flower centers! Just tie them with a little bit of ribbon for a finished look.
- Position the purple/pink/green tile paper with the brown border along the right and bottom. Tear a piece of the green texture to create a 12”x4” piece. Ink the edges brown and glue to the page along the left side. Cut a 3 3/4”x4 1/4” piece of lilac plaid and tear the edges. Ink the edges and glue the piece to the page 1 1/4” from the left and 1 1/2” from the bottom.
- Mat a 7”x5” photo onto purple cardstock, leaving a 1/8” border. Make an 8”x6” piece of purple pattern with torn edges. Ink the edges and mat onto an 8 1/2”x6 3/4” piece of purple cardstock. Glue the layered pieces to the page 2” from the left and 1 1/2” from the top.
- Use Zips™ to glue 8” of the green crepe ribbon along the bottom of the large photo mat. Tape the excess to the back of the page with Scotch tape.
- Cut the Scrapbooking Day quote to 2 7/8”x3 1/4”. Mat onto purple cardstock, leaving a 1/16” border. Glue to page overlapping the photo, centered over the torn lilac plaid piece. Tie a small green crepe ribbon and Zot™ it to the top left corner of the quote.
- Cut out the small pink flower and larger blue/pink flower from the Scrapbooking Day art. Glue the large flower over the top right corner of the photo and the small flower at the top left, 1/2” down from the top of the photo.
- Use a makeup wedge to ink lightly a 3” flower and a 1 3/4” flower with Pearlescent Purple. Ink a 2 1/4” flower with Pearlescent Lavender. Zot™ the 1 3/4” flower to the page 2 3/4” from the left and 1” from the top. Zot™ the largest flower 1” from the right and 2 1/4” from the bottom. Zot™ the 2 1/4” flower 3 1/4” from the right and 1 1/2” from the bottom. Thread a small piece of narrow purple grosgrain ribbon through a purple button and tie in a knot. Zot™ to the center of the top flower. Tie a knot of purple grid ribbon through a large green and small yellow button (stacked). Zot™ to the center of the medium flower. Tie a bow of sheer lavender ribbon through a purple button and Zot™ to the center of the large flower.