Stained glass card
By Ann Bernklau
Designer Tips: Color the Tex Paper black using a cosmetic sponge and Jet Black StazOn, after you cut out the design with the Cool Tool.
- With the fold on the left, trim card to 4"x6 1/2". Cover card front with blue iridescent paper.
- Cut a piece of white or ivory Paper Tex to 4"x6 1/2". Center the stencil on the Paper Tex and tape down. Place the stencil and Paper Tex over a ceramic tile. Before plugging it in, insert the tiniest point of the Cool Tool into the tool, twisting it until secure. Plug in the tool and allow a few minutes for it to warm up. Use the wire stand to set down the tool while not in use. The tool gets extremely hot, so use caution and unplug it immediately after use. Once the tool is hot, start tracing the shapes in the metal stencil with the tool. When all the shapes are traced, unplug the tool. Lift off the stencil and Paper Tex and remove the tape. Remove any piece of the design that is stuck on the Paper Tex.
- Place the design over a scrap piece of cardstock or a craft sheet. Take a cosmetic sponge and dab it onto a juicy Jet Black StazOn ink pad. Dab the ink onto the design repeatedly, re-inking the sponge often, until the whole piece is solid black. Apply glue to the sides of the piece and glue to the front of the card.
- Remove the excess sticker material from a sheet of teal Jewel Dazzles. Cut off a 1"x3 1/2" strip of a Dazzles Transfer sheet. Peel off the clear transfer sheet and place the edge of it over a row of tiny Jewel Dazzles. Rub down with your fingernail, then lift off, lifting the Jewel Dazzles with it. Position the row of Jewel Dazzles along one of the sides of the stained glass window, about 1/8" away from the edge. Place the row of Jewel Dazzles down and rub down before peeling off the clear transfer sheet, leaving the row of Jewel Dazzles in place on the card. Repeat this process, surrounding the whole window with a border of Jewel Dazzles.
- Tie a tiny bow with narrow teal grosgrain from the Soft Nostalgia Ribbons. Zot to the bottom center of the Jewel Dazzles border. Place "Love" from the silver Petite Dazzles just under the bow as shown.