Love Birds card
By Ann Bernklau
Designer Tips: These little birds look adorable framed in a heart.
- Cut the white card to 4 3/4"x3 1/4" with the fold on the top. Cover the top 1" with Roses in Harmony red/brown swirl paper. Cut 8"x3 1/4" of Roses in Harmony textured paper and punch a Tweet Tweet Multi-shaper border along the top. Line up the border on the card with two sets of birds on either side of center; glue to card with the top of the birds border 1/8" from the top edge.
- Cut out a 4 3/4" length of the red scalloped lace on the Roses in Harmony stripes paper and glue across the bottom of the card, covering the bottom 1/4" of the card. Trim off excess. Ink edges brown with a makeup sponge.
- Draw a line with a pencil and ruler across the card 1 1/2" from the bottom. Draw two lines criss-crossing the middle line. Place a line of Zips across the middle line and attach Roses in Harmony sheer green ribbon. Do the same with the other two lines and place Roses in Harmony narrow red sheer ribbon on them.
- Punch Tweet Tweet along the top of 2 1/4"x1 1/2" of Roses in Harmony red/brown swirl. Glue onto gold paper 1/4" from the top edge of the gold and cut around. Punch a partial scalloped heart (top will be flat), framing the birds in the center. Punch another scalloped heart from the Roses in Harmony red/brown swirl paper. Glue the partial heart with the birds centered on the scalloped heart, lining up the edges. Stamp Artful "LOVE" in the bottom section of the heart and emboss with gold embossing powder. Ink the edges brown with a makeup sponge, and foam tape to the center of the criss-crossed ribbons. Add Gold Heart Dazzles above and below the center birds. Zot a Roses in Harmony green sheer bow to the right of the heart.
- Inside: Cover the inside with Roses in Harmony textured paper. Punch a Tweet Tweet border across the top of 5"x3" of Roses in Harmony red/brown swirl paper. Glue to card 1" from the top. Glue a Roses in Harmony red lace scallop border across the bottom. Glue Roses in Harmony green ribbon across the card 1" from the bottom. Use the Artful Stamps to stamp and emboss "Bliss" with gold embossing powder on Roses in Harmony red/brown swirl paper. Trim out and mat on gold paper with 1/16" borders. Glue over the Roses in Harmony green ribbon 3/8" from the right. Apply small Gold Heart Dazzles above the Roses in Harmony green ribbon.