"May your layer be many..." Birthday card
By LeNae Gerig
Designer's Tip: Alter your label to fit your stamped greeting by tracing the top edge and then moving the shape up, eliminating the center section, and continue tracing.
- Cut the card into a 5" square. Place the fold at the top of the card. Ink the edges of a 4 3/4" square of Confetti pink tile paper with the dark brown ink and glue to the card center.
- Ink the edges of a 4 3/8" x 1" strip of Confetti brown striped paper and glue 1" from the bottom edge of the card. Cut an inverted "v" into the right side of a 4" x 3/4" strip of Confetti blue striped paper and mat with white cardstock, leaving a 1/16" border. Tie a length of Confetti brown stitch ribbon to the right side and knot. Glue overlapping the bottom edge of the brown strip.
- Using the Birthday Greetings Stamp Set, stamp the "May your layers..." greeting on white cardstock using the ocean and blackberry ink pads to ink one section of the greeting and then the other as shown.
- Alter the size of the 15 Lovely Labels Template Vintage Sign label shape by lengthening it and mat with brown cardstock, leaving a 1/16" border. Foam tape to the left side of the card. Stamp brown Birthday Greetings on the right side. Tie a length of Confetti brown stitched ribbon around the top of the card and knot the ends on the left side.
- Inside: Cut an inverted "v" in one end of 1 1/4" x 4" Confetti brown stripe paper. Ink the edges brown and glue to the left side of the card inside back.
- Stamp "Happy Birthday" and a small heart using Birthday Greetings Stamp Set and the different ink pads as shown. Trace the Scalloped Label shape from the 15 Lovely Labels Template around the words and cut out. Mat with brown cardstock, leaving a 1/16" border. Glue over the striped paper strip.