Happy Birthday card
By Susan Cobb
Designer's Tip: Tulle, jute, and satin ribbons add wonderful texture to these lovely card kits. I covered patterned paper with the tulle, matted with it, and placed it beneath die-cuts for a pretty look.
- Place the card with the fold at the top. Cover the card front with Chocolate Dipped brown/ivory tiny stars paper. Sand the edges of the card for a distressed look. Cut a 6"x4 1/2" piece of Chocolate Dipped tan words with floral border paper, with the border at the left side. Sand the edges and glue centered to the card front. Cut a 3"x4 1/2" piece of red tulle, then glue Chocolate Dipped brown satin ribbon even with the top and bottom edges of the tulle. Trim edges evenly and glue 3/4" from the right side of the card.
- Punch out the two Chocolate Dipped blue swirl bracket die-cuts and the large Chocolate Dipped red/brown heart die-cut. Position the heart centered over the tulle, and place a bracket beneath the heart at each side. Foam tape the pieces in place.
- Layer the 3/4" Chocolate Dipped green heart die-cut and the 1/2" Chocolate Dipped blue heart die-cut together and add to the right side of the Chocolate Dipped red/brown heart. Cut out the "happy birthday" rectangle and foam tape it across the center of the Chocolate Dipped red/brown heart.
- Tie a bow with chocolate jute with 1" loops and 1" tails. Zot it near the left blue swirl bracket as shown. Tie a Chocolate Dipped lime bow and Zot over the center of the chocolate jute bow. Thread a 1" length of lime ribbon through the holes of the Chocolate Dipped brown button die-cut. Trim ends then glue to the back to secure. Zot the button die-cut over the center of the lime bow.
- Inside: Sand the edges of a 6 1/2"x1 1/2" Chocolate Dipped brown/ivory tiny stars paper and glue centered across the inside. Cut a 6 1/2"x1" piece of Chocolate Dipped floral paper and cover it with red tulle, trimming edges evenly with the paper. Glue the paper centered across the Chocolate Dipped brown/ivory tiny stars paper.
- Punch out the large Chocolate Dipped blue/brown frame die-cut with red/tan oval center. Glue Chocolate Dipped brown satin ribbon across the center trimming sides evenly. Glue centered over the paper on the inside. Glue the Chocolate Dipped green label die-cut vertically to the right side of the oval. Cut out the message rectangle and mat on the tulle, leaving a ¼" border. Glue over the ribbon and green label. Zot a chocolate jute bow near the bottom of the message.