Celebrate Cake pocket card
By Ann Bernklau
Designer Tips: The template works great with Kaleidoscope double-sided papers.
- With the fold on the left, cover the card front with Kaleidoscope brown floral paper. Cut 4 1/8"x5 5/8" of Kaleidoscope blue houndstooth paper and mat on Kaleidoscope yellow grid paper, making a 1/16" border. Glue to the center of the card.
- Make a "Calorie-Free Cake" using the Playful Pockets template and the Kaleidoscope hot pink/yellow floral paper. Fold the cake so the hot pink is on the front of the pocket. Using Birthday Greeting Stamp Set, stamp "Celebrate" on the bottom of the pocket in Dark Brown and glue cake to the center of the card.
- Cut out a hot pink candle and yellow floral flame using Kaleidoscope paper and the shapes on the template and glue to the top of the cake. Cut out the lower and top tier cake frosting from Kaleidoscope brown pattern and foam tape to cake layers.
- Thread Nonna's Garden narrow brown grosgrain ribbon through 2 blue and 3 pink Daydream Buttons. Zot them along the bottom tier frosting. Make a tag from Kaleidoscope yellow grid paper using the template. Stamp Birthday Greetings "Make a Wish!" on the tag and ink the edges in Dark Brown. Tie Nonna's Garden brown sheer dot ribbon through the hole in a knot. Insert the tag in the "Calorie-Free Cake" pocket.
- Inside: Glue 5"x2 1/4" of Kaleidoscope brown floral paper across the center. Mat 2 1/2"x3" of Kaleidoscope yellow grid paper onto Kaleidoscope blue houndstooth paper leaving a 1/4" border. Stamp Birthday greeting near the top of the yellow paper and glue to center. Thread Nonna's Garden ribbon through 3 buttons and Zot along bottom of greeting.