Pleated Flower Thank You Card
By Lodell Halvorson
Designer's Tip: I nested the pleated flowers to minimize the height of the card. This works when there are the same number of pleats. The turquoise piece is larger and has more pleats, so it couldn't be nested.
- Card: Turn the card so the fold is on the left and cover with Kaleidoscope pink paper. Cut Kaleidoscope brown flowered paper to 4 3/4"x5". On the top two corners, measure in 3/4" and mark with a pencil, then fold the corners down and glue. Glue to the card, 1/8" from the top and sides.
- Cut Kaleidoscope striped paper to 5"x1 1/2". Score at 1/4" on the longs side and fold down so that the green shows at the top. Glue to the bottom of the card.
- Using Matching Borders & Focals stamp set, stamp "Thanks..." greeting on the green strip with a StazOn Timber Brown ink pad.
- Cut a 4 1/2" strip of Small turquoise rose ribbon and Zot( to the bottom of the card 1/2" from the bottom edge.
- Using the Pretty Pleated Flowers Template, trace pleated flower on back of the Kaleidoscope pink paper two times and cut out. With the Tonic Diamond accent punch and Border System, punch the design into the tips of the flower so that the single diamond shape is on the outside edge. Trace a Pretty Pleated Flower on the back of the Kaleidoscope brown paper two times and cut out. On this shape, punch the design with the three diamonds on the outside edge. Use the scoring tool to score each fold line according to the template. Fold and glue together with tabs. Nest the brown flower on the pink flower and glue the bottom onto a small 1" circle of scrap paper. Place an object on top until the glue dries.
- Cut two pieces of Kaleidoscope turquoise paper to 1 5/8"x7 7/8" and score every 3/8". Fold and glue together. Glue to the card in the center of the Kaleidoscope brown patterned paper. Glue the template flowers on top.
- Tie embroidery floss or Memory Thread on the button and Zot( to the center of the pleated flower.