You're So Sweet!
By Susan Cobb
Designer's Tip: Layer satin ribbon between die-cuts to accentuate the layers. Showcase a button die-cut by threading ribbon through the holes and adding it over the knot of the bow.
- Place your card with the fold at the left. Cover the card front with striped paper. Cut a 5"x2 3/4" yellow/red/blue tiny floral paper and mat one long side on black/gray floral paper leaving a 1/16" border. Glue even with the bottom of the card front with the black border at the top edge. Sand the edges of the card.
- Punch the blue with floral border die-cut from the center of the large red scalloped frame die-cut. Foam tape centered on the striped paper, 3/8" from the top of the card. Glue a 5" length of pink satin ribbon across the card 1" from the top, overlapping the die-cut. Punch out the yellow and red die-cut with scalloped border across one side. Foam tape to the card with the scalloped portion overlapping the satin ribbon.
- Punch out the large scalloped die-cut with red/white dotted border and yellow circle at the center. Foam tape it to the card front, centered with the black mat dividing the two patterned papers. Foam tape the cherries die-cut centered on the yellow circle.
- Cut out "You're so sweet!" and foam tape overlapping the scalloped die-cut and yellow paper. Ink the edges of the blue heart and red/white dotted heart die-cuts and overlap them. Foam tape near the words as shown. Tie a bow and Zot near the upper left corner as shown. Thread a small piece of ribbon through a yellow die-cut button. Glue at the back to secure and Zot to the knot of the bow.
- Cut a 5"x4" yellow/red/blue tiny floral paper and sand the edges. Glue centered across the inside. Mat a 5"x1" striped paper strip on black/gray floral paper leaving a 1/16" border. Glue centered across the inside. Glue the red/yellow scalloped tag with cherries over the striped paper. Glue "Have a "Cherry" day! Overlapping the striped paper and the tag. Foam tape a single cherry die-cut to the word cut-out and tag. Zot knotted ribbon as shown.