Birthday Wishes card
By Ann Bernklau
Designer's Tip: . I lightly sponged black StazOn® ink across the corrugated diamond pieces, which brings out the texture and adds a fun distressed look.
- Trim your card to a 5" square (save the scraps) and place the fold on the top. Cover the card front with red texture paper and ink the edges black using a cosmetic sponge. Cut two 2 1/4" squares of green stars paper and ink edges. Glue one 1/8" from the top and left and glue the other 1/8" from the bottom and right.
- Run 4"x6" of silver paper through the diamond corrugator, silver side up. With a cosmetic sponge, sweep the surface of the diamonds with Jet Black StazOn®. Cut two 2 1/4" squares of the corrugated paper and ink edges. Glue one 1/8" from the top and right and glue the other 1/8" from the bottom and left.
- Use Zots adhesive dots to attach 5" of green crepe ribbon across the center of the card. Run 3"x5" of silver paper through the diamond corrugator with the silver side down. Use the Easy Ovals template to trace a 3 1/2"x2" oval on the back of the corrugated paper. Cut out and ink the same way as the others. Mat onto red texture and ink edges. Foam tape to the center of the card. Tie a knot with 5" of green crepe ribbon and Zot it to the right of the oval.
- Stamp "Birthday Wishes" onto the white cardstock scraps you saved from step 1. Trace a 2"x1" oval around the greeting and cut out. Erase any pencil lines. Ink edges and mat on green, leaving a 1/8" border. Foam tape to the center of the card.
- Cut out a few stars from the green stars paper and glue them surrounding the greeting as shown.