Thinking of you
By Susan Cobb
Designer's Tip: I love the versatility of this stamp, in that I can add different flowers to the stems for many different looks. I also used a masking technique to add more foliage among the leaves.
- Place your card with the fold at the left. Cover the card front with brown swirls paper. Cut a 5"x1" piece of the blocks paper and mat the long sides on teal cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue across the card, 1/8" from the bottom.
- Stamp a stems/leaves image on scrap paper. Cut around the image where you wish to add foliage. Cut a 3 1/2"x4 1/8" piece of ivory cardstock. Ink the large stems/leaves stamp with olive pastel ink. Use the damp paper towel to remove a 1/2" area of ink just from the center of the short stem on the left to leave a space for the blue flower. Stamp the image centered on the ivory cardstock 1/4" from the bottom. Place the cut-out image (mask) over the stamped image on the ivory cardstock and anchor it with sticky notes. Stamp foliage with olive pastel ink overlapping the mask. Remove the mask.
- Stamp "Thinking of you" with dark brown ink overlapping the lower right portion of the leaves as shown. Stamp the blue blossom in the open space of the stem using blue lagoon ink. Stamp the pink blossoms as shown using Berrylicious ink. Stamp the yellow blossoms using the yellow ochre ink.
- Mat the stamped rectangle on brown swirls paper with 1/16" borders. Mat again on teal cardstock with 1/8" borders. Mat once more on green/tan herringbone textured paper with 1/4" borders. Add lime mini rick rack across the bottom edge of the teal cardstock trimming evenly with the green/tan paper. Glue centered to the brown section of the card front. Cut the 6" length of brown ribbon in half. Tie a knot in one piece and Zot to the lower left card front.
- Glue a 5"x3 1/4" piece of green/tan herringbone paper inside the card. Cut a 5"x1" piece of blocks paper and mat long sides on teal cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue across the inside even with the bottom edge of the green/tan paper.
- Cut a 4"x2 1/2" piece of ivory cardstock. Stamp "Sending Happy Thoughts" with dark brown ink on the right side, just below center. Stamp a foliage image with olive pastel ink over the left side of the words as shown. Ink a portion of the large stems/leaves stamp just over the forked stem, then use the damp paper towel to remove any ink outside the stem. Stamp the forked stem between the words and foliage. Now stamp a blue blossom at the top of one stem, and a pink blossom at the top of the other stem.
- Mat the stamped rectangle on brown swirls paper with 1/16" borders. Mat on teal with 1/8" borders. Glue centered to the green/tan herringbone paper. Trim lime mini rick rack to fit across the bottom of the teal mat and glue in place. Zot knotted brown ribbon as shown.