By LeNae Gerig
Designer's Tip: Use wood, paper and metal elements on this collaged 3-D frame. Add some color and bring out the pattern in the paper leaves by blotting with the surface of an inkpad.
- Fold the bottom corner of the tan handwriting paper forward by 2". Glue a square of red dot paper behind the folded piece and glue to the center of the black frame.
- Mat a 5"x7" photo with textured red paper, leaving a 1/8" border, and brown cardstock, leaving a 1/2" border. Glue to the left side of the frame with the bottom corner under the fold. Glue the fold in place.
- Write on the journaling note card and tuck under the right side of the brown mat. Glue the postcard in place. Glue another journaling note under the top right corner of the photo.
- Adhere the swirl to the left side of the photo and glue tiny paper flowers and wood heart buttons threaded with red twine to the swirl.
- Blot the paper leaves with the brown inkpad to color. Glue under the flowers on the fold at the journaling note. Thread flower buttons with yellow twine and glue to the red dot paper under the fold. Glue 2 large buttons the post cards.
- Cover a chipboard door with red textured paper and trim around the door using the penknife. Lightly sand the edges and glue to the bottom right corner of the frame.
- Foam tape a wood tag to the top left side of the photo mat and the wood flags on the right corner of the mat. Foam tape a black blank ticket to overlap the chipboard door. Glue a twine threaded heart button to the blank ticket.
- Glue password notes below the photo and inside the chipboard door.