Aubrey's 4th Christmas Eve
By Susan Cobb
Designer's Tip: Fold over one edge of an oversized photo mat to show off the other side of a coordinating double-sided paper. An elongated Foil Papier Tole embellishment is perfect for accenting the side of a photo on an oversized mat.
- Turn the background paper so the floral corner is at the lower left and place on your cutting mat. Use your knife to carefully cut along the curved edge of the light pink lace corner design toward the center of the page.
- Mat the 4"x6" vertical photo on ivory with 1/16" borders. Glue the left edge centered to the left side of a 8"x7 1/2" burgundy dots paper. Fold over the right edge of the burgundy paper 1 1/4" so the green holly side of the paper shows. Ink the edges silver and let dry or heat set. Glue the folded edge and photo in place. Mat on blue with 1/16" borders.
- Lift the cut area of the background paper and tuck the matted photo beneath it. Glue photo in place, but leave the cut area loose for now. Place a 6" length of maroon crepe ribbon across the background paper 1/4" below the photo mat. Tuck one end of the ribbon beneath the cut edge of the light pink design and glue or tape at the back to secure. Place the paper on your cutting mat and use your knife to cut around the blue lace border design on the right side of the background paper, with just enough space for the ribbon to slip through. Thread the ribbon through the slit and glue or tape at the back to secure. Glue remaining cut area of the paper in place.
- Punch out the Foil Papier Tole images for each embellishment and assemble together with foam tape. Mat the elongated embellishment on dark blue cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue centered to the right side of the photo mat as shown. Add the large snowflake embellishment centered over the decorative snowflake on the lower left corner of the page.
- Write or computer print title on the center of the pink/red/silver/green scalloped foil die-cut label. Glue to the page, 1 1/2" from the top and 3/4" from the left. Zot knotted ribbon near label and foam tape extra Papier Tole snowflake art as shown. Write or computer print year on the small die-cut tag. Glue angled to the right side of the photo mat.
- Write or computer print "JOY" on the green/silver foil tag. Tie a maroon ribbon bow and Zot bow and tag together over length of ribbon as shown. Add Silver Jewel Dazzles to the centers of snowflakes in the design of the background paper, along the red edge of the elongated Papier Tole embellishment, and to the end of the tags.