By Susan Cobb
Designer's Tip: Create flower layers with solid or patterned papers, then foam tape them together for a beautiful card focal. Use your fingers to curve the petals for a 3-dimensional look.
- Place your card with the fold on the left. Cover the card front with Happy Days navy cardstock. Glue a 4 1/2"x6" Happy Days diamonds on white circles paper centered on the card front.
- Use the "Molly" design layer 2 to create a Happy Days red flower, layer 3 for a Happy Days blue flower, and layer 4 to create a Happy Days yellow/white flower. Use your fingers to curve the petals for a 3-D effect and layer together with foam tape. Use the curved leaf design to trace and cut 3 leaves. Sand the edges of each leaf. Overlap two leaves and tuck beneath one side of the flower. Add the third leaf on the opposite side of the flower. Foam tape the flower to the upper card front and glue the leaves in place.
- Punch a 3/4" circle from Happy Days diamonds on navy circles paper and foam tape it centered on the yellow flower. Glue a 5" length of 1/2" wide olive grosgrain ribbon across the card front, 1" from the bottom. Tie an olive bow and Zot it over the length of ribbon. Write or computer print "happy birthday" on red paper and trim into a tag shape. Mat on navy with 1/16" borders. Glue angled near the ribbon as shown.
- Glue a 4"x4 1/2" Happy Days diamonds on white circles paper centered on the inside, 1 1/4" from the bottom. Glue a 3" Happy Days navy circle centered on the diamonds paper, 2 1/4" from the bottom of the card. Create a blue flower layer using Molly layer 3 design, and a red layer using the Molly layer 4 design. Trace and cut out 2 leaves from Happy Days green paper as for the front. Foam tape the layers together and glue overlapping the navy square, tucking the leaves beneath the flower as shown. Punch a circle from diamonds on navy circles paper and foam tape to the flower center.
- Write or computer print "may all your wishes come true" on red and trim to a small tag shape. Mat on Happy Days blue with 1/16" borders. Fold a small piece of olive ribbon and glue to the end of the tag for a tab. Glue the tag overlapping the lower right corner of the navy square.