By Susan Cobb
Designer's Tip: The stamped and embossed border makes a striking focal when painted in with Smooch inks.
- Trim your card to a 5" square and place with the fold at the left. Cover the card front with White Truffle striped paper and ink the edges black. Glue a 5"x3 7/8" metallic silver paper across the card front, 1/4" from the top.
- Cut a 3 7/8"x2 3/4" White Truffle tan/ivory flourishes paper. Stamp the flourished label image repeatedly over the paper with black ink to cover the background as shown (tip: for best results, align the pattern with previous stamped image). Let dry. Mat on black with 1/16" borders. Mat on metallic gold with 1/4" borders. Mat again on black, with 1/8" borders. Glue centered on the silver paper.
- Mat a 4"x3/4" metallic gold paper strip and mat long sides on black with 1/16" borders. Glue centered across the stamped background paper.
- Stamp and emboss the diamonds/circles border image twice on tan/ivory flourishes paper with VersaMark ink and black embossing powder. Paint in the open spaces with Smooch inks as shown, and let dry. Trim around the outside edges. Overlap the ends at the center to make one long border and glue together. Trim the outside ends for a 4" border. Foam tape the border centered over the metallic gold paper strip.
- Stamp and emboss the plain label image black. Paint in the center of the image with gold lamé Smooch®. Paint in the border with copper Smooch®. Let dry, then cut out the shape. Place "hello" and a tiny star sticker on the shape. Glue a 5" length of 1/2" wide black grosgrain ribbon even with the bottom edge of the gold mat. Tie a black bow and Zot to lower left card front together with the painted label. Use the wire cutters to trim the shank from the back of a large button. Foam tape the button centered over the painted embossed border.
- Glue a 5" length of black ribbon centered across the inside. Place "Thinking of you" stickers centered on a 1 1/2"x1" black cardstock. Mat on gold with 1/8" borders. Stamp a 3"x1 1/2" piece of White Truffle tan/ivory flourishes paper with black ink to create a background as for the front. mat on black with 1/16" borders. Mat on silver with 1/8" borders. Glue the block centered over the ribbon. Zot knotted ribbon as shown.