My College Years Mixed Media album
By LeNae Gerig
Designer's Tip: Mist all of the album pieces, fronts and backs, at the same time, altering colors. Let dry while you tear photo edges and prepare other items. Print small photos with a wide white mat and tear edges for a cool look. Font: Copperplate Gothic Bold pt. 18 and 22
- Cover work surface with newspapers. Mist the album pages with Smooch Spritz®, alternating colors of each page. Mist the canvas page 1/2 Citrus Tickle and Electric Blue. Let dry.
- On one side of the canvas page, stamp a zigzag image along the outside edge. On the other side stamp the image at the top and bottom of the page. Assemble album pages using rings.
- Ink the edges of a 3"x2" photo and hot glue to the center of the cover. Use hot glue to glue a length of black Bling down the outside edge of the front page. Glue a 1 1/2" length of silver Bling to the lower left corner of the photo.
- Mist the large flower blue, medium purple and small citrus. Let dry. Glue to the cover as shown. Thread large and medium buttons with thin strips of white cardstock and glue the ends to the back. Glue the buttons to the flower centers.
- Write or computer journal and print onto white cardstock. Mist with Sea Kiss and Frosted Grape. Cut into strips and ink edges black. Glue to the cover for title.
- Canvas Page: Glue a length of silver Blind down the page outside edge. Glue two 3"x2" photos with torn edges to the page, angled as shown. Glue a small Electric Blue flower of the Mixed Berries with a button at the center. Glue between the photos. Add a length of black Bling to the photo corner and journaling strips.
- Cork page: Glue three photos to the page. Add 3 small flowers, each sprayed a different color. Top each with buttons. Add ribbon and Bling to photo corners. Add journaling strips.