Baby Girl Page
By Ann Barba
Designer Tip: Make a cute pocket out of vellum using the Scallop Mini 8 Punch! Fold the sides in 1 1/4", then fold the bottom up 2". Use Vellum Glue Dots to hold the pocket together.
- Start with the plum floral paper as your background. Cut three 6"x6" squares of vellum. Use the instructions on the packaging to punch 3 scallop circles from the squares using the Scallop Mini 8 Punch.
- Cut a circle in half. Glue one half along the top of the page in the center, using Vellum Glue Dots to adhere. Cut the other half in half again to create two corners. Glue these in the top left and right corners.
- Stamp an all-over pattern of pink polka dots on another one of the circles. Heat set with a heat embossing tool, or let dry overnight until the ink is permanent when touched. Cut the circle in half. Glue to page with Vellum Glue Dots, overlapping the existing pieces as shown. Cut 12"x1/4" of aqua texture and ink the edges. Glue across the page 1/4" from the top.
- Glue another 12"x1/4" aqua strip 3/4" from the bottom. Glue 12"x1" of aqua texture 1/8" below this strip. Glue another 12"x1/4" strip 1/8" below that.
- Photo: Ink the edges of a 5"x7" photo and mat on pink dot with a 1/4" border. Ink edges and mat on white cardstock with a 1/16" border. Mat on aqua texture, ink edges, and glue to page 3/4" from the bottom and 1 1/2" from the right.
- Vellum pocket: Take the last vellum circle and place it on a cutting mat with a measuring grid. Fold the sides in at 1 1/4" and fold the bottom up 2". Use Vellum Glue Dots to glue together, or you can use small strips of Zips adhesive lines in hidden areas. Use Zips adhesive lines to glue light blue crepe ribbon across the pocket. Tie a bow around the center of the ribbon and secure with pieces of Zips. Use pieces of Zips along the side edges on the back of the pocket to glue the pocket to the page 1 3/4" from the left and 2 3/4" from the bottom.
- Journaling tag: Cut 3"x4 3/4" of white cardstock and ink the edges. Print a caption on it, leaving the top 1" blank. Mat on pink dot, leaving a 1/8" border. Cut 6"x3" of pink dot and punch 4 times with the Scallop Mini 8 Punch to create a half circle. Cut off the top 1" of the rounded scalloped part. Ink the scalloped edge and glue to the top of the journaling, covering the blank part of the white cardstock. Trim sides to fit. Fold 3" of blue crepe ribbon and use tape to attach it to the back of the journaling tag at the top. Insert the tag into the vellum pocket on the page.