Beautiful Butterflies Card
By Erica Hettwer
Designer Tip: Use a paint brush to get a deeper, more precise application of color mists.
- Card Front: Place your card with the fold on top. Cover with Geometrics light gray paper and sand the edges. Cut a 6 1/2"x 2 1/2" length of Geometrics chevron from the light gray following the top edge of the chevrons. Sand the edges and foam tape to the bottom of the card.
- Cut a 6 1/2"x1 1/4" Geometrics light gray paper and sand the edges. Color three small butterflies in yellow, green and blue Glimmer Mists. Foam tape the butterflies to the strip as shown, then foam tape the strip to the card 3/8" from the bottom edge
- Color a large butterfly with yellow, green and blue mist as shown. Double foam tape to the center of the card 3/8" from the top edge. Stamp "I love you" on a 2 1/2"x3/8" white cardstock and notch the ends. Foam tape to the large butterfly as shown.
- Cut a 6"x1/16" white cardstock and use to thread two large buttons and four small all the buttons. Cut out two dark gray chevrons, sand the edges and Zot two large buttons onto the chevrons as shown. Zot to either side of the large butterfly. Zot two small green buttons on either side of the small green butterfly. Zot two small blue buttons on either end of the gray strip, 1/8" from the ends.
- Card Interior: Stamp "You're in my heart" in the center of the card. Cut a 1 1/2"x5" Geometrics gray paper, sand the edges and glue 1/2" from the right edge. Cut a three chevrons from the Geometrics gray paper, sand the edges and glue 1/4" from the right edge and 3/8" from the bottom. Zot a small butterfly as shown.