"Friend" Heart Ornament
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: Washi tapes and Border Jewel Dazzles are a quick and easy way to add color and sparkle to this metal heart.
- Apply purple Washi tape across the front of the metal heart, alternating the two tapes and trimming edges evenly as you go. Turn the heart over so the inside is facing up. It will be a snug fit, but place the metal heart into the Crop-A-Dile and punch a 1/8" hole centered near the top of the heart.
- Add purple Jewel Border Dazzles along the edges of each piece of Washi tape, trimming sides evenly. Add purple Jewel Dazzles to embellish the Washi tape design. Add a purple flower centered on the heart.
- Add Silver Stickles along the edges of the purple heart and let dry.
- Cut a 22" length of silver memory thread and fold in half. Twist the 2 lengths together 3 times, 2 1/2" from the fold (this will form a loop). Place the loose ends together and thread through the hole at the top of the ornament from front to back, pulling the ends through so the twisted portion near the loop is at the top of the ornament. Wrap the ends around the loop just above the twisted portion twice to secure.
- Use the template to trace and cut out a "Rounded Tag C" from purple cardstock and punch a 1/16" hole in the top. Place "friend" Dazzles on the tag. Thread the tag onto the right end of the memory thread, then wrap the ends around the paint brush handle to coil it. Loosen the coiled ends and arrange as shown.
- Zot a 3/4" wide purple crepe bow just above the coiled memory thread as shown.