Special Someone Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: Ink the edges of your die-cuts to make the stand out more.
- Open your card with the fold sitting vertically. Score three vertical lines, measuring the following distances from the left edge: 1 1/2”, 4” and 6 1/2”. Valley fold on the left and right scored lines and mountain fold on the center scored line. Glue a 1 1/2”x6 1/2” striped paper on the left edge, a 2 1/2”x6 1/2” green flower paper on the next section, a 2 1/2”x6 1/2” striped paper on the next section, and a 3 1/2”x6 1/2” border paper on the last section. Ink all edges and folds.
- Fold your card to close. Glue a 1 1/2”x6 1/2” text/yellow paper to the front of your card and ink the edges. Place a border Dazzle 1/16” from the left edge. Glue three lengths of twine to the front in the following lengths: 4”, 1 1/2” and 3”, keeping 3/8” apart. Tuck upper ends under the paper.
- Pop out three heart die-cuts, ink the edges and foam tape at the end of each twine length. Zot on a knot or bow of twine and place a jewel Dazzle on center of each.
- Unfold your card to open. Place border Dazzles™ next to each fold line. Glue a length of twine 7/8” to the left of the second fold and tuck ends under the paper. Ink the edges of the aqua/purple frame label die-cut and foam tape 1” from the lower edge, centered over the twine. Foam tape “A Special Someone” die-cut as shown and place a “Love” Dazzle as shown. Place Jewel Dazzles™ as shown and Zot™ a bow of twine at the top of the frame.
- Ink the edges of a 6 1/2” length of the purple border die-cut and glue just off the right edge of the card. Cut out the “love you” label and glue over a scroll Dazzle, as shown, placing Jewel Dazzles™ on corners and scroll.
- Glue a 1 1/2” length of twine 2” from the right edge and tuck upper end under the paper. Ink the edges of a 1 1/4” circle die-cut and a heart die-cut and foam tape as shown. Zot™ on a twine bow and add a jewel Dazzle to the heart.