By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: Create cute flowers for a focal with black and white straws for stems and bottle caps for the blossoms.
- 1) Card Front: Place your card with the fold on the left. Cover the bottom 1 3/4" of the card front with Red Velvet red/black text paper. Cover the remaining card front with red/black dotted paper. Ink the edges black.
- 2) Place the black/white dotted border on white cardstock. Trim the long edges with 1/16" borders. Place across the card front, 3/4" from the bottom. Trim sides evenly with the card. Add "Best Friend" Dazzles below the bottom right edge of the border.
- 3) For the flower stems-take one straw and cut two 3 1/2" length pieces. Cut a 3 3/4" length piece from a second straw. Arrange the straw pieces on the card front, just above the border--with the longest piece at the center and the remaining two angled at the sides. Zot in place.
- 4) Turn 3 bottle caps over so the raised center is facing up. Cut pieces of foam tape to fit on both sides of the center raised area of each bottle cap, with a 1/4" strip of space at the center. Add layers of foam tape for a thickness of 4 layers on each side of the 1/4" space. Place a bottle cap over the top of each straw.
- 5) Punch 3 circles from white cardstock. Place a black flower Dazzles centered on two circles, and "BFF" centered on the third. Foam tape the "BFF" circle centered inside the center bottle cap. Add remaining circles to the other 2 bottle caps. Place a Red Jewel Dazzles centered on each flower sticker. Use 1/2" wide black grosgrain ribbon to tie a bow and dovetail the ends. Zot the bow centered over the flower "stems".