The Beauty of the Season
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: Add pretty stamped snowflake images to create a focal point and border that work well with the snowflake border paper. Embellish with Platinum Jewel Dazzles and Silver Thin Lines Dazzles for beautiful shiny detail.
- Card front: Trim your card to a 5" square, then place with the fold at the top. Cover the card front with Fresh Frost red tiny snowflakes paper. Cut a 4 5/8"x4 3/4" piece from Fresh Frost snowflakes border paper and place it with the snowflakes border at the bottom.
- Stamp the large snowflake image centered on the Fresh Frost tan paper above the snowflakes border with Chambray ink, 1/2" from the top. Add a smaller snowflake image at each side of the large snowflake, 3/4" from the edge. Stamp the swirl image continuously across the top edge of the paper to create a border. Glue the paper centered on the card front, with the snowflakes border at the bottom.
- Embellish the snowflakes and stamped border with Platinum Jewel Dazzles. Add Silver Thin Lines Dazzles to the edges of the tan paper and cut to fit between the stamped snowflakes as shown.
- Stamp "The Beauty of the season" with Chambray ink on remaining Fresh Frost tan textured paper and trim into a tag shape. Add a thin line border sticker across the end of the tag and trim evenly. Mat on Fresh Frost red tiny snowflakes paper with 1/6" borders. Glue angled between the stamped snowflakes and the snowflakes border at the right side. Use 1/4" wide sheer aqua ribbon to tie a bow. Zot to the end of the tag as shown.
- Cut a 3 3/4"x1 1/8" Fresh Frost snowflakes border paper and dovetail the tan end. Write or computer print "Warm winter wishes" on the tan paper at the right end. Add Silver Thin Lines Dazzles to the edges of the paper, trimming to fit. Mat on red tiny snowflakes paper with 1/16" borders. Glue to the inside, with the straight edge even with the left side. Embellish with Platinum Jewel Dazzles. Tie an aqua sheer bow and Zot as shown.