Happy Happy Birthday Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: Focus the inking of your paper edges on opposite corners to frame your die-cut words at an angle.
- Card front: Place your card with the fold on the left. Cover with Happy Days red paper, and ink the edges. Zot an 8" length of ribbon 1/2" from the fold, leaving the top end loose.
- Cut three 4 3/4"x2" Happy Days blue arc papers and ink the edges. Foam tape to the card front with 1/8" between papers, as shown.
- Use the die-cutting machine to create "Happy" and "Birthday" from Red Suede, and another "Happy" from Iris Suede. Glue each die cut on the paper strips at an angle, as shown. Trim the loose ribbon end in a "v" shape, fold over the card front and Zot in place. Place Jewel Dazzles as shown.
- Card inside: Ink the edges of your card. Glue 2"x3 1/4" Red Suede paper 1 1/2" from the top and 3/4" from the left. Glue 2"x3 1/4" Iris Suede paper 1 1/2" from the bottom and 3/4" from the right. Loop the ends of an 8" ribbon and Zot in the center.
- Print "Best Wishes on your Special Day!" on a 2"x3" Happy Days blue arc paper and ink the edges. Foam tape over the ribbon. Create two flourish shaped die-cuts, one from Red Suede and one from Iris Suede. Glue in place as shown. Place Jewel Dazzles on paper corners and flourishes.