Let it snow!
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: Use the swirl die-cut to "hang" the pair of mittens together on the card front. Add silver Stickles for pretty, glittery detail.
- Card front: Place your card with the fold at the top. Cut two 6 1/2"x1" Eggnog green snowflakes paper strips and glue one even with the top edge of the card front. Glue the second strip even with the bottom edge. Cut a 6 1/2"x4 3/8" Eggnog tan/ivory snowflakes paper. Trim a 3/4"x4 3/8" Eggnog tan/red/green/black strip from striped paper and glue vertically even with the right edge of the tan/ivory snowflakes paper. Mat the long sides on black cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue centered to the card front.
- Punch out the black scalloped frame die-cut with red/ivory Christmas tree center. Remove the center and set aside for another use. Back the black scalloped frame with Eggnog red textured paper, trimming edges evenly with the outside edges of the frame. Foam tape the frame to the tan/ivory snowflakes paper on the card front, 3/8" from the let side and 5/8" from the top. Cut a 4 3/8" length of red rick rack border die -cut and glue to the card front just left of the striped paper strip.
- Ink the edges of the two mitten die-cuts and let dry. Mat each on Eggnog green snowflakes paper with 1/16" borders. Foam tape the mittens overlapping the bottom of the scalloped frame as shown. Foam tape a tan swirl die-cut overlapping the cuffs of the mittens and a green snowflake die-cut overlapping the top of the swirl on the scalloped frame. Foam tape a small red snowflake die-cut centered on the green snowflake.
- Cut out "Let it snow!" and round the green corners to match the label shape. Foam tape centered on the red/ivory banner tag die-cut. Foam tape it angled, overlapping the right side of the scalloped frame and the rick rack die-cut. Ink the edges of the red/tan heart die-cut and add over the rick rack, adding foam tape beneath the sides of the heart. Tie a black satin bow and Zot to the top of the tag. Add Silver Stickles to embellish the die-cuts, words label, and right edge of the card front. Let dry.
- Cut a 6 1/2"x3/4" Eggnog green/black strip from striped paper and glue even with the bottom of the inside. Cut a 6 1/2"x1 1/2" Eggnog tan/ivory snowflakes paper and mat the top long edge on black cardstock with a 1/16" border. Glue even with the top edge of the green border. Cut remaining rick rack die-cut in half and glue one piece to each end, centered on the tan/ivory snowflakes paper. Mat "Warmest Greetings of the Season" on black cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue centered over the tan/ivory snowflakes paper and rick rack die-cut. Glue remaining tan swirl and red snowflake die-cuts as shown. Zot knotted black satin ribbon near the words block. Add Stickles to the center of the red snowflake die-cut and let dry.