By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: These Sponge Daubers fit right over your finger for easy inking and blending! I like to use one for each color, and save them to use again later.
- 1) Place your card with the fold at the top. Cut a 6 1/2"x4 7/8" blue cardstock and glue centered to the card. Trim along the scalloped edges of the Ebony Color Me Doily Card Toppers design with lacy borders.
- 2) Place the card topper with the design running horizontal. Use a sponge dauber to apply Yellow Cadmium ink to the outer scalloped area at the top and bottom edges of the border design. Now take a clean dauber and apply Blue Lagoon ink over the inner edge of the Yellow Cadmium ink, overlapping some of the yellow to create a green color. Continue to add more Blue Lagoon ink next to the green area, so you now have yellow, green, and blue colors that overlap with softly blended edges.
- 3) Now use a clean dauber to add Dark Peony to overlap some of the blue and extend the Dark Peony ink covering the edge of lace near the center. Add Yellow Cadmium to the center, slightly overlapping the edges of the Dark Peony ink. Wipe straight across the card topper with a paper towel to remove any excess ink.
- 4) Cut out the "Happy Birthday" label, 2 large lace flowers, and 1 small lace flower. Lightly color some areas of the center of the label with Yellow Cadmium ink. Now add Blue Lagoon ink in the same manner, allowing the colors to overlap, but with a light application so the color doesn't get too dark. Leave the border of the label white. Wipe off excess ink with the paper towel. Glue near the center of the card, 1 1/4" from the right side.
- 5) Color the 2 large flowers with Blue Lagoon ink, leaving the button at the center white. Now color the center with Yellow Cadmium ink. Color the small flower with Dark Peony ink, and the center with Yellow Cadmium. Arrange the lace flowers overlapping each other and the left side of the label. Foam tape the flowers in place. Use dark blue crepe ribbon to tie a bow, then Zot it near the flowers as shown. Decorate with Gold Jewel Dazzles.