Love is the Light... Easel cd
By LeNae Gerig
Designer's Tip: The formula for making an Easel card is as follows: Make the cardstock height twice the width (5" wide and 10"). Fold in half, short sides together and then a second fold with 1/2 of the card folded in half again.
- Card front: Ink edges of 5" square of Christmas Sweets green dot paper. Ink edges of 4" Christmas Sweets red dot square and glue to the center of green dots. Glue 5"x2 1/2" Christmas Sweets striped paper across the card center.
- Mat Christmas Sweets green dot square with red cardstock, leaving 1/8" border. Stamp a Christmas Cheer swirl stamp at each corner of the red dot square.
- Stamp Christmas Cheer greeting on the Candy Cane Die-Cuts round tag and glue to the card center. Use 1/4" wide lime green metallic ribbon to make a bow and Zot( to the top of the tag.
- Easel fold: Cut red cardstock to 5"x10" and fold in half, short sides together. Place the fold at the top and open the card. Fold the top of the cad to the center fold and crease. Open the card. You now have a fold 1/4 from the top and 1/2 from the top.
- Inside: Glue 4 3/4"x1" striped paper across center of 4 3/4"x2 1/2" Christmas Sweets red dot paper. Glue the red dot paper across the center of 4 3/4" square Christmas Sweets green dot paper. Ink edges and glue the green dot square to the center of the easel card bottom.
- Stamp Christmas Cheer "Merry Christmas" greeting to the card bottom. Stamp the banner portion of the greeting onto white cardstock. Cut out and glue over the first stamped greeting. Foam tape the Candy Cane Die-Cuts holly to the center of the striped border. Prop the bottom of the card front behind the holly. Lay flat to close and mail.