Wish Butterfly cd
By LeNae Gerig
Designer's Tip: When coloring exposed glitter inside the butterfly wings, start with darker colors in areas closer to the body and then blend with lighter shades of the same color. Use a light touch with the Spectrum Noir pens as they can bleed under the Dazzles sticker edge. Also, to avoid disrupting the glitter, use pens to add dots of color instead of rubbing color into glitter.
- 1) Place the card fold on the side and 4 3/4"x6 1/4" Simply Susan black paper to the card front. Ink edges of 4 1/4"x5 3/4" Simply Susan and glue to the card. Mat long edges of 5"x1 1/4" Simply Susan black dot paper, leaving 1/8" borders and glue across card, 1/2" from the top.
- 2) Glue a length of Vintage Lace Tape across the center of the black dot border. Use Simply Susan 1/2" wide purple grosgrain ribbon to make a bow and Zot( to the center of the border.
- 3) Cut 5"x4" Double Sided Adhesive and back one side with white cardstock. Peel remaining backing sheet off and apply glitter to adhesive. Use fingertips to press glitter into adhesive, covering the area. Tap off excess glitter and return to jar. Continue to rub and tap off excess 4 or 5 times. Each time you will be removing a little more excess glitter.
- 4) Use PL5 purple Spectrum Noir pen to color the surface of the medium Dazzles butterfly, the "Wish" greeting and a small butterfly. Let dry. Place the medium butterfly on the glitter paper as shown. Use PL5 and PL2 purples, BT7 and BT4 turquoise pens to color exposed areas of glitter inside the butterfly wings. Use BT7 turquoise pen around the outside edge of butterfly and blend with BT1 turquoise, lightening the effect around the butterfly.
- 5) Die-cut the large Lacy Label from black cardstock and glue centered over butterfly. Cut around the outsides edges, removing excess glitter paper. Place the purple "Wish" and small purple Butterfly Dazzles as shown. Foam tape the image to the card, 3/4" from the bottom. Place Silver Butterfly Dazzles corner stickers and tiny Purple Jewel Dazzles to the card corners as shown.