Jellyfish Bubbles Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: When embossing on holographic paper, heat slowly with the heat gun and stay three or four inches from the paper to prevent scorching.
- Card front: Place your card with the fold on the left. Cut two 5"x3/4" Rosemary & Thyme green dot papers and glue even with the upper and lower edges. Glue a 5"x4" purple circles holographic paper 1/2" from the upper edge. Use VersaMark to stamp two small jellyfish and three sets of bubbles on the purple circles paper, as shown. Dust with white embossing powder and heat set.
- Stamp and emboss the wave border across the upper and lower edges of a 5"x2" Rosemary & Thyme purple houndstooth paper. Stamp and emboss "Splish Splash" across the center, as shown. Cut out along the upper "wave" with a 1/16" border. Glue 1/2" from the lower card edge.
- Use Memento ink to stamp the large jellyfish on Silky paper and use the following Watercolor Pencils to color it in: #'s 168, 104 & 156 for the body, #'s 155 & 104 for the tentacles. Use a wet paintbrush to blend the colors. Cut out the jellyfish and foam tape onto your card, as shown. Zot a small loop of 1/8" green ribbon as shown and Zot the jellyfish tin pin in place.
- Glue 5" lengths of 1/4" green glimmer ribbon under each "wave" and along the upper edge of the purple circles paper. Zot a bow at the left of the upper ribbon and place medium Jewel Dazzles along the lengths of the ribbons.
- Card inside: Use Memento ink to stamp the small jellyfish all over the card, going off of the card edges.
- Use Memento ink to stamp "When life gives you troubles..." on the center of a 3" square of Silky paper, and stamp the small jellyfish and bubbles around the edges. Use the following Watercolor Pencils to color the images: #'s 168 & 104 for the jellyfish, #'s 155 & 104 for the tentacles, #151 for the bubbles. Use a wet paintbrush to blend the colors.
- Mat your piece on purple houndstooth paper with a 1/16" border. Then mat on purple circles paper with 1/16" borders on the upper, left and right edges and a 5/8" border on the lower edge. Glue a length of 1/4" green glimmer ribbon across the purple circles strip and Zot a bow at the center. Place Jewel Dazzles as shown.