By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: For best results, try placing a piece of light weight cardstock (a little larger than the folder) beneath the embossing folder as a shim.
- Place your card with the fold at the left. Cover the card front with Grapefruit orange/pink/black dotted stripes paper. Ink the edges black.
- Use the Embossing/Die-Cutting machine and embossing folder to emboss the image on bright pink cardstock. Turn the embossed piece horizontal. Position the Victorian Cutaway shape centered on the embossed area, with the center point of the shape even with the bottom. Trace around the bottom edge of the shape with a pencil. Remove the template and cut along your pencil line. Trim the long straight edge close to the embossed image.
- Apply Picket Fence Distress Paint to a piece of white cardstock (a 3” square will do) near one edge. Take the cardstock and pull the edge with the Distress Paint across the surface of the embossed cardstock. Repeat until the design shows as white. Let dry. Mat the shaped edge of the piece on black cardstock with 1/16” borders.
- Place the long straight edge of the embossed piece even with the left side of the card front and make sure the shaped edge is centered. Glue in place, then trim top and bottom edges even with the card.
- Glue 3/8” wide black/pink stitched grosgrain ribbon vertically on the embossed pink cardstock, 5/8” from the left. Trace and cut out an Elegant Tag shape from peach cardstock. Cut a small strip of striped paper and ink the edges, then glue on the tag near the bottom. Mat on black cardstock with thin borders. Add “Best Friend” to the tag and glue overlapping the ribbon. Tie a black/pink bow and Zot™ to the tag. Zot™ 2 flowers to the embossed shape as shown. Finish the button holes with thin strips of bright pink cardstock and Zot™ centered on the flowers.