Smile On Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: Follow the instructions from the Aged Paint System kit to make the weathered birch background. Repeat the process again, then add more Boardwalk Glimmer Mist and Ivory Baseboard spray for the gray colored focal piece. Let the paint dry naturally, or use a heat gun to speed up the process.
- Card front: Place your card with the fold on the left. Cover with Black Suede.
- Cut two 4 3/4”x6 1/4” white cardstocks. Place one on your craft sheet and follow the steps from the Aged Paint System kit to create a painted weathered birch piece. Let dry. Save for step-5. Repeat the process with the other cardstock piece and save for your card inside.
- Place a 4”x4” white cardstock on your craft sheet. Follow the steps to create a painted weathered birch look, but before it dries add another layer of Boardwalk Glimmer Mist and Ivory Baseboard spray to create a weathered gray piece. Let dry. Tear a 1 1/4” horizontal strip from the center of the piece and mat on suede with a 1/16” border.
- Glue the weathered gray pieces 1/4” from the edges of the weathered birch piece, keeping the top and bottom edges of the two gray pieces 4” apart. Crisscross 6” lengths of each ribbon and twine listed across the weathered birch piece, between the torn edges, and attach the ends on the back of the piece. Knot a short length of each ribbon and twine around the left side of the placed ribbons.
- Layer 2 1/2” wide strips of Chalkboard pink texture paper and Chalkboard ivory medallion paper a 2 1/2”x3” Chalkboard ivory medallion paper, mat on black Suede with a 1/16” border and foam tape centered over the torn weathered gray piece. Mat a 1 5/8”x2 1/4” Chalkboard signs paper (the “Keep CALM & SMILE ON” sign) on Chalkboard black dot paper with a 1/16” border and foam tape over the centered torn piece. Place White Jewel Dazzles™ on the paper corners, as shown.
- Card inside: Tear off the lower left corner of the saved painted weathered birch piece and glue 1/4” from the upper and right edges of your card.
- Mat a 1 1/2”x1 3/4” Chalkboard signs paper (the “LIVE each day to it’s FULLEST” sign) on Chalkboard pink texture paper with a 1/4” border, mat on Black Suede with a 1/16” border and foam tape as shown. Place White Jewel Dazzles™ on the paper corners and Zot™ on a double knot of teal ribbons.