Easter Egg Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: For more intense color, let your first application of color with the Spectrum Noir pens dry, then add another layer.
- Card front: Place your card with the fold on the top. Glue a 6 1/2”x3” Robin’s Red gray border paper on the bottom edge, with the border art at the top. Glue a 6 1/2”x3 1/2” Robin’s Red teal stripe paper on the top edge, leaving the ivory artwork of the lower paper exposed. Glue a 6 1/2” length of ivory grosgrain on the bottom edge of the teal stripe paper.
- From the Spectrum Noir Reds set, color the Dazzles™ border strip with #DR7. Place the border Dazzles™ on the top edge of the ribbon strip.
- Place the large, medium and small egg Dazzles™ on the acetate. Turn the acetate over and use the following pens to color in the eggs on the back: BT5, DR7 and IG10. Follow the designer tip for more intense colors. Turn the acetate over and cut out each egg along the outer edge of each Dazzles™. Zot™ the eggs onto the teal stripe paper of your card, as shown (save some of the smaller Dazzles™ for the tag, bow and card inside).
- Journal “Happy Easter” on Robin’s Red ivory flourish paper and use the Design Tool Kit # 6 Oval Tag to trace around the greeting and cut out the label. Mat on Robin’s Red teal stripe paper with a 1/16” border. Trace and cut out another Oval Tag from the acetate and place more colored in egg Dazzles™ as shown, trimming even with the tag edge.
- Zot™ a triple bow of red crepe ribbon, Zot™ an egg Dazzles™ on the bow and foam tape the tag in place.
- Card inside: Glue a 5 1/4”x2 1/2” Robin’s Red gray flourish paper on your card center and place grass tuft Dazzles™ on the corners. Journal “Have a happy Easter Holiday!” on Robin’s Red ivory flourish paper and use the Design Tool Kit #6 Label B to trace around the sentiment and cut out the label. Mat on Robin’s Red teal stripe paper with a 1/8” border and foam tape on your card center. Zot™ the remaining colored egg Dazzles™ as shown.