Let Your Heart Soar easel card
By Lawrian Taylor
Designer’s Tip: Sanding the edges of your paper gives you a great distressed look and helps “pop” the paper.
- Card front: Cut a card in half then cover only one half with Fancy Feathers teal feathered paper. Cut and glue 6¼”x4¾” Fancy Feathers pink bubble paper centered.
- Cut 4”x1 3/4” Fancy Feathers teal paper and mat on Fancy Feathers purple paper with 1/8” borders. Lightly sand the edges of the purple paper. Glue to the upper right corner of your card with a 1/16” border.
- Place Gold Pearl Feathers Dazzles™ on the card, as shown. Zot™ blue and pink feathers in a cluster near the base of the large feather Dazzles™ as shown. Add small feather and swirl Dazzles™ at the base of the blue and pink feathers. Use 3/4" wide dark blue ribbon to tie a bow. Zot™ the bow on the base of the blue and pink feathers.
- Place another card with the fold on the top. Then fold the card front in half. Glue the card front to the lower half of the folded card so it will stand, creating an easel card.
- Card Inside: Cut 6”x4 1/2” Fancy Feathers pink bubble paper. Glue to the center of your card with 1/4” borders. Cut a 5”x1 1/4” Fancy Feathers teal paper and distress the edges with your sanding block. Glue 1/2” from the bottom of your card and 3/4” from each side. Glue 6 1/2”x1” Fancy Feathers purple paper over the teal, 5/8” from the bottom edge. Add Gold Pearl Feathers Dazzles™ as shown.