Thank you so much
By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: To create the turquoise embossed background, apply embossing paste with the mini squeegee over the flower screen directly on the blank white card and let dry. Mist over the embossed design with Dylusions ink and blot with a paper towel.
- Open your card and place it face up on your work surface. Cover the back panel of the card with scrap paper and seal the edge next to the fold with stencil tape. Position the Flowers Screen on the card front to cover it. Use the squeegee to apply embossing paste, spreading it evenly over the screen and to the edges of the card. Immediately wash the screen with soap and water. Let the embossed design dry.
- Place the card (with the back panel still masked) on a protected work surface covered with paper towels. Mist the dry embossed design with Vibrant Turquoise Dylusions ink spray and blot with paper towels. Repeat to achieve a deeper color as desired. Let dry. Remove the scrap paper and stencil tape from the back of the card.
- Use the medium sized frame cutting die and Die-Cutting machine to cut a frame from Robin’s Red ivory frillies paper. Take the rectangle die-cut from the center and place the aqua/ivory frillies side up. Place inside the ivory frame and glue centered on the card front, 3/4" from the bottom.
- Write or computer print, “thank you so much” on ivory frillies paper. Trim into a 5”x5/8” strip with the words on the right side. Mat on red/ivory dots paper with 1/4" borders. Mat on gray textured paper with 1/8” borders. Glue centered across the die-cut frame/label as shown.
- Mist a small white paper flower with Vibrant Turquoise Dylusions ink spray and let dry. Layer with a medium sized white flower and Zot™ together on the left side of the words. Zot™ a Red Rhinestone centered on the layered flower.
- Add Dazzles™ tiny red flowers centered on some of the embossed flowers on the card background. Thread a thin piece of aqua/ivory frillies paper through the button holes of a red button, trim at the back, and glue to secure. Zot™ to the center of an embossed flower on the background. Tie a knot in a 3” long piece of 3/4" wide red crepe ribbon. Trim the tails and Zot™ on the lower right corner of the ivory frame die-cut.