Hummingbird Trinket Box
By LeNae Gerig
Designer’s Tip: Glue leaves at the bottom of the oval curve and place leaves on the top of the stems, layering as you work your way up to the top of the frame. This overlapping gives a fuller and more natural look.
- Paint the inside of the Trinket Box and the 4 pieces of the unassembled box walls with Evergreen Boughs Distress Paint and let dry. Assemble the interior walls of the box using Tacky Craft Glue and glue the bottom edge of the walls to the inside back of the box. Close the box to insure that everything fits correctly and let the glue dry.
- Apply glue stick to the outside of the box and cover with teal floral Pretty Little Posies paper. Trim the paper even with the box edges. Apply glue stick to one side of the oval frame and cover with tan check Pretty Little Posies paper. Use the X-acto® knife to cut out the oval and ink the frame edges brown. Glue red tapestry Pretty Little Posies paper to the inside of the frame and glue the frame to the outside of the box as shown.
- Die cut 18 Tan Suede leaves. Apply glue stick to the top back of the leaves. Glue the leaves in a curve along the right edge of the frame oval as shown.
- Die Cut Bell Floral Collection from ivory Pretty Little Posies paper. Ink the edges of the small bell cap and large bell flower with brown ink. Place both types of flowers face down on the Craft Molding Mat and use the large ball stylus in a circular motion to curve the flower pieces. Turn pieces over and Zot( the small ball cap to the top of the large bell flower as shown. Zot( the flower stem under the leaves and place tiny Teal Jewel Dazzles™ among the leaves as shown.
- Die cut a hummingbird from both blue Pretty Little Posies paper and Tan Suede paper. Glue the Tan Suede pieces over the blue pieces as shown. Place a tiny Black Jewel Dazzles™ for the eye. Glue the bird to the left side of the oval as shown.
- Paint the banner piece from the Trinket Box Kit with Evergreen Boughs Distress Paint and let dry. Place Gold Tiny Words & Phrases Dazzles™ as shown and glue the banner to the bottom of the oval.