Get Well Dragonfly Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: Sponge on the overall colors in a circular motion, then use a paint brush to add details. Remember to wipe off the raised embossed areas with a paper towel after each application of ink.
- Use the stylus and pads to color the corners of the Dragonfly Color Me™ Card Topper with Shaded Lilac Distress ink. Color the rest of the outer areas with Salty Ocean, up to the frame.
- Press Squeezed Lemonade ink pad onto the craft sheet, then use your paint brush to pick up the ink and paint the outer line of the frame. Paint the inner line of the frame with Mowed Lawn ink.
- Use the stylus and pads to color the open area of the frame (behind and around the dragonfly) with Squeezed Lemonade and Mowed Lawn inks, letting some of the white show through. Color the dragonfly wings with Squeezed Lemonade (center), Shaded Lilac (next) and Picked Raspberry (last/outer). Paint the eyes with Mowed Lawn.
- Card front: Place your card with the fold on the left. Glue your Color Me™ Card Topper on your card center.
- Cut out the “Get Well Soon” label with a 1/16” border and paint the outer edge with Salty Ocean. Color the left end with Mowed Lawn, the center with Squeezed Lemonade and the right end with Salty Ocean. Foam tape the label over a length of green vine ribbon and Zot™ on a green crepe bow. Place Silver Baby Bling on the dragonfly, as shown.
- Card inside: Cut out the center oval from the “Thinking of you” label, and cut out the blank label of the same shape. Color the blank label with Mowed Lawn. Color the “Thinking of you” oval cutout with Picked Raspberry. Foam tape the oval cutout over a length of green vine ribbon and center over the larger label. Glue the piece 1 ½” from the top edge of your card and place Silver Baby Bling on the outer edges, as shown.