Rad Dad Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: Use a small Dazzles™ word in the open arrow Dazzles.
- Card front: Place your card with the fold on the left. Cover with Simply Susan gray paper and ink the edges. Glue a 4 3/4”x6 1/4” Simply Susan black dot paper on the center.
- Ink the edges of a 5”x2 1/4” Simply Susan green paper, mat on white cardstock with a 1/16” border on the long edges and glue 2” from the top edge. Place Card Hardware chain border Dazzles™ on the center of the strip.
- Ink the edges of a 2 1/8”x4 1/2” Simply Susan gray paper and mat on Simply Susan dark gray paper, then on white with 1/16” borders. Place the hat, glasses, moustache and tie Dazzles™ as shown. Add Card Hardware Dazzles™ screw tops at the corners. Foam tape the piece 1/4” from the right side and 1/2" from the top.
- Place “DADS ARE THE” Dazzles™ on the green strip, as shown. Place “Hipsters” Dazzles™ as shown. Place the “ORIGINAL” arrow Dazzles™ on white cardstock then trim next to the Dazzles™ edge and foam tape in place, as shown.
- Place the remaining chain border on a thin strip of Simply Susan green paper and trim the edges evenly. Add on the left side of the card, 1/2" from the bottom. Back the “empty” arrow Dazzles™ on Simply Susan green paper and place “RAD” Dazzles™ in the open area. Place on a 3 1/2”x5/8” white cardstock, trimming around the pointed end. Place “DAD” Dazzles™ on the right, ink the edges and foam tape over a double strip of border Dazzles™, as shown. Back the two Card Hardware hinges on green paper and trim the edges with thin borders. Foam tape above and below the green matted piece as shown.
- Inside: Write or computer print “Happy Father’s Day!” on white cardstock. Place the Card Hardware Dazzles™ frame over the words so they are centered inside the frame. Trim edges evenly. Cut a 2 3/4"x2” Simply Susan green paper and mat on white with 1/16” borders. Mat on Simply Susan black/white dots paper with 1/4" borders on the top and sides, and a 1/2" border at the bottom. Glue centered on the card. Add the frame and small moustache Dazzles™ on the green paper as shown. Back a Dazzles™ star on green paper and trim edges evenly. Glue the star overlapping the batting as shown.