I love you
By LeNae Gerig
Designer’s Tip: You can make several shades of the same color when blending Watercolor pencils with water. I like to scribble some color on scratch paper as a palette and use water on a paintbrush to soften and blend colors.
- Card Front: Place the card fold on the left side and cover the Kindred Spirits tan border paper, with the border on the right edge. Ink the edges of 3¼”x3¾” pink floral paper and mat with ivory cardstock, leaving 1/8” border. Glue to the card center, 7/8” from the right edge.
- Die dut 4 Circles & 4 Scallops Cutting Dies 3¼” circle from Kindred Spirits green floral paper and glue to 3 7/8” scallop circle of brown dot paper and glue to the right side of the pink floral rectangle. Cut 2½” wide strip of Kindred Spirits tan border paper and glue to the left side of the card with the lace border on the right. Ink edges of a ½” wide strip of green floral paper and glue down the card, ½” from the left. Ink the card edges.
- Stamp the Janie’s Girls little girl with paper stamp on ivory cardstock using Memento Rich Cocoa ink. Stamp “I love you” on the center of the paper. To color skin, with Neutrals 131 Rose and 183 Gold and blend with water. Paint on with a paintbrush (included in Watercolor Pencil Sets). Color hair with Neutrals 183 gold and 187 brown, coloring each strand a different color and then blend with brushed on water. Color hair bow, dress and stocks with Reds 123 Pink and blend with brush and water. Shade cheeks with diluted pink. Shade the stamped paper with Neutral 176 brown and blend with water and paintbrush.
- Let the image dry and cut out. Glue to the center of the die-cut circle. Place a 2 pink burlap flowers at the top right corner. Use a length of ½” wide Kindred Spirits pink dot ribbon to make a bow and Zot( to the lace border edge on the left.
- Inside: Follow step 2 for the lace border on the card inside left. Die cut a 1 7/8” circle from Kindred Spirits pink floral paper and glue to 2¼” scallop circle of brown dot paper. Stamp with Janie’s Girls “Missing You” stamp and glue to the border as shown. Knot the center of ½” wide Kindred Spirits pink dot ribbon and Zot( to the circle as shown.