Smile, Sing, Celebrate!
By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: Layer die-cuts together with foam tape, then showcase the embellishment on a white paper doily for a pretty look.
- Front: Place your card with the fold on the top. Cover the card with white/black dots paper and ink the edges black. Cut a 6 1/8”x4 3/8” blue/orange tiny flowers paper. Ink the edges of a 6 1/8”x2” red patterned paper and glue centered across the blue paper. Mat on orange textured paper with 1/16” borders. Ink the edges and glue centered on the card.
- Glue a paper doily centered on the papers, 1 7/8” from the right side. Punch out the large flower/swirls die-cut and layer flower die cuts on top with foam tape as shown. Add Embellies™ brads and foam tape the embellishment centered on the doily. Trim the small red scalloped edge from the border die-cut and foam tape on the left side of the card as shown.
- Tie a “bouquet” of white berries together with 1/8” wide orange grosgrain ribbon. Zot™ the “Smile” tag die cut on the back of the ribbon and add on the lower right side of the card. Place an apricot burlap butterfly above the berries as shown. Zot™ a tiny orange flower die-cut on the body of the butterfly.
- Inside: Mat a 6½”x2” orange textured paper on red patterned paper with 1/16” borders. Mat on white/black dots paper with 1/4" borders. Ink the edges. Glue centered across the card. Punch out the music note with flowers die-cut and add an Embellies™ brad centered on the large flower. Tie the “Sing” tag die-cut with orange grosgrain ribbon and glue on the upper right edge of the music note.
- Place Dazzles™ “celebrate!” centered on the rounded rectangle label die-cut. Turn the scalloped label with flowers and red border die-cut vertically and glue on the right side of the papers. Glue the rectangle label centered on it. Add a tiny red flower die-cut and orange bow as shown.