It’s the Little things
By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: Use decorating chalks to color in the open spaces of the Dazzles™ on this page. Use a leaf from the Berry Clusters package as a template to create 2 leaves from green patterned paper, then place them with the burlap flowers and berries for a pretty embellishment.
- Cut a 4”x12” Kindred Spirits green/tan/purple flowers paper and mat the long sides on light pink tiny flowers paper with 1/4” borders. Ink the edges brown and glue vertically on the tan/ivory lace border background paper, 2 3/4" from the left side.
- Mat a 7”x5” photo on brown cardstock with 1/16” borders. Cut a 5 1/8” length of 1/2" wide pink/ivory dotted ribbon. Glue the ribbon on the right side of the photo. Mat on Kindred Spirits pink/purple/green patterned paper with 1/8” borders and ink the edges brown. Mat again on Kindred Spirits purple textured paper with 1/4" borders. Ink the edges brown and glue on the page, 2 3/4" from the right side and 5/8” from the top. Mat a 5”x3 1/2" photo on Kindred Spirits pink/purple/green patterned paper with 1/4" borders. Ink the edges brown. Cut a 6 1/4"x2 1/8” Kindred Spirits purple textured paper and ink the edges brown. Glue the matted photo centered on the purple paper and glue on the page, 3/4” from the left side and 5/8” from the bottom.
- Punch out the pieces for the flower border Papier Tole embellishment and foam tape together by number over each matching design. Add the Embellies™ large green brad centered on the large flower. Glue the embellishment overlapping the left side of the large photo. Use 1/2" wide light green twill to tie a bow and Zot™ it below the Papier Tole.
- Place the Dazzles™ oval window with flowers on the lower right portion of the page. Add “It’s the Little things” and a small flower inside the oval. Place a bird just above the right side of the oval. Place Dazzles™ flowers and swirls corner near the upper right corner of the page as shown. Add purple and pink chalks inside the spaces of the Dazzles™ as shown. Add Embellies™ brads on the Dazzles™ flower centers as shown. Place a Dazzles™ flower/swirl overlapping the lower left corner of the small photo. Foam tape the papier tole extra art flower on the swirl. Add tiny flowers along the right side of the photo and on the papier tole embellishment as shown.
- Write or computer print names and year on ivory cardstock. Place the Fancy Label B shape on the template centered over the words and trace the shape with a pencil. Remove the template and cut out the shape. Mat on brown cardstock with 1/16” borders. Add Dazzles™ small flowers on each side of the words and color inside the open centers with chalk.
- Take a leaf from the berry clusters package and place on Kindred Spirits green patterned paper. Trace around the shape of the leaf with a pencil. Remove the leaf and cut out the shape. Ink the edges brown. Repeat for a second paper leaf. Curve the ends of the paper leaves with your fingers, then place overlapped on the lower right corner of the large photo. Take 3 berries tied together with twine and Zot™ on the leaves. Arrange pink burlap flowers and Embellies™ stamp art together, overlapping the stems of the berries and paper leaves as shown. Add a pink burlap butterfly on the upper right corner of the large photo.