By LeNae Gerig
Designer’s Tip: Move the elastic binding to the binding side of the journal when misting or stamping the right edge.
- Cover your work surface and place the torn edge of an 8½”x11” sheet of paper across the journal with the torn edge 1¾” from the binding. Spray with Green Glimmer Mist over the binding and the torn edge. Remove the paper and heat with the heat gun to quick set the mist.
- Mist the top right with Blue and the bottom right with Red Mist. Heat with gun.
- Open the journal and lay flat over the edge of a table to provide a flat and firm surface. Repeatedly stamp the art brush down the left edge along the green misted portion of the journal.
- Stamp the text stamp to extend off the top right edge of the journal. Stamp the blank label to the bottom right corner. Stamp again on ivory cardstock and cut out the label center and stamp with “create”. Glue the cardstock label center over the stamped label.
- Stamp the words from the stamp set on thin strips of ivory cardstock and tear the left and right sides. Ink the edges. Stamp the swirl stamp on the center of the journal as shown and glue the word strips over the swirls. Stamp the diamond image among the swirls as shown. Mist the journal lightly with Green Glimmer Mist and let dry.