"It's Your Day!" Birthday card
By LeNae Gerig
Designer Tip: Pre-fold the paper and banner before gluing to the inside and glue the paper folds into the fold of the card. This will make the card easy to close.
- Place the card fold at the side. Cover with light brown cardstock and ink the edges brown. Mat a 4 1/2"x6" piece of Confetti brown stripe paper with bright pink cardstock, leaving a 1/16" border. Glue to the card center.
- Mat a 3"x5" piece of Confetti blue strips with brown cardstock with a 1/16" border and glue to the card center, at an angle. Glue 2 lengths of Confetti pink rick rack across the center, 3/4" apart.
- Ink the edges of a 2 3/4" x 5" white rectangle brown and mat with pink cardstock, leaving a 1/16" border.
- Using the Birthday Greetings Stamp Set, stamp the "It's Your Day!" greeting at the bottom of the white cardstock using Ocean chalk ink.
- Assemble the cake from the Celebration Papier Tole using foam tape and glue above your stamped greeting. Glue your rectangle on the opposite angle on top of the blue rectangle on your card. Glue a Confetti pink dot bow to the left edge of the white cardstock.
- Inside: Fold a 5"x9" Confetti brown stripe rectangle and glue to the center of the card inside front and back.
- Assemble the Celebration Papier Tole "party" banner using foam tape and fold in half. Glue to the top edges of the inside the card centered lining up the fold in the Papier Tole with the fold in the card. Glue a tiny Celebration Papier Tole "extra art" cupcake at the bottom right corner.